FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best prepaid card Issuer for online purchases
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:48 pm
danpeake

Originally Posted by SpongyBard
I mostly only have experience with Metabank but if you're willing to use Paypal I have a 100% success rate adding the card on Paypal and paying that way. There are definitely places that seemingly block the card otherwise. And now that you can split on Paypal, it's easy to drain the cards to $0.00.

The main problem using these cards for ordinary spend is that Metabank is either being negligent or malicious when it comes to returns. They will often refuse a return credit transaction and then lock the card. They'll then be happy to send you a new card with a new number when you call them, but the return money is wedged in to purgatory somewhere: you've got three parties pointing the finger at each other (Metabank, Paypal, and the merchant) and you look really sus trying to ask the merchant to "retry" the return on to a different card as Metabank tells you to do in such a case. I've got a handful of returns stuck in such a state and I don't know if I'm going to have to CFPB or small claims or what. So I'd avoid using these cards for spend where the chance you'll make a return is anything more than near-zero.
Is there any reason you're using these cards for "regular" spending?