FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delayed pushchair, flying again Sunday - what’s reasonable?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:42 am
lcylocal

Programs: Honors Diamond
Delayed pushchair, flying again Sunday - what’s reasonable?

I’m after any collective wisdom or similar experiences to this situation.

My baby’s pushchair was delayed when I arrived at Gatwick very early yesterday morning (I’ve already posted about the sub-optimal airport experience here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34383562-post329.html)

The pushchair didn’t come out with the others at the oversize reclaim and wasn’t on the belt.

As of this morning no update on BA portal or Worldtracer. My best guess it is somewhere in a big pile of luggage at Gatwick (there were at least a hundred pieces in the baggage hall when we were there).

This isn’t a massive deal when we’re at home as have a bigger/less portable one too we can use.

However we are flying again (BA operated by Iberia Express) very early Sunday. We’re travelling there tomorrow afternoon and staying overnight.

Can’t take the big one with me as I’m not sure it will fit in the hire car on arrival.

If it shows up today I can hopefully arrange to collect it at Gatwick. Getting our little one there without it by public transport will be tricky but I think doable just.

The question is what would be reasonable in that circumstance? I know BA will send it on to us at our destination, but not having it for the interim will be a real pain as means holding our baby for every nap.

If I go to Argos tomorrow morning and buy another (£70 and about the cheapest on the market) do you think BA will refund it even if the old one subsequently shows up?

Unfortunately don’t think I’m covered under my travel insurance as the delayed baggage cover has an exclusion for when returning home, though I am tempted to check. Thoughts?