FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question for EU Flight Compensation Regulation for LH flights
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:38 pm
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by AxelJF
OP said he had to take the train from FRA to DUS, so no rebooking seemed to have taken place. Clear case of compensation under the EU regulation. As it's a transatlantic flight this manifests 600 EUR if the cancellation happened less than 7 days (or is it 14?) before the flight. Strange there was no rebooking though. I would also claim compensation for the train ticket (so 600 + train ticket to be paid by airline).

Unclear for the return leg: if a rebooking took place, there might be no claim possible. If no rebooking/rerouting, same scenario as above I'd say and 600 EUR for that leg.
I figure there were no reasonable options by flight available, so OP booked a train ticket instead. Unless this was AirRail ticket, then it does not matter, the wording of EC261 works from what rerouting was offered, not what has pax taken.

If I hypothetically have my direct AMS-FRA flight LH997 cancelled 6 days in advance, LH offers me to fly AMS-VIE-FRA (OS374/OS127) instead, with departure 55 minutes earlier and arrival 120 minutes later, I can decide to fly the following morning, or take the ICE, but I have no claim. Now if I was to fly to Munich instead, on 2307, and they can't put me on KL1799 which flies a hour and a half or so later, then I can still take the flight next morning or an ICE but they have not offered an alternate within the parameters specified, so I can claim compensation.