FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:33 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Splotly
I’m in the GGL group that has the opportunity to renew with only 2,250 TPs as long I get them before 31 Dec this year.

I could do with a run that lands me about 1,750.

Used the ITA tool to find a quick trip in October: U.K. to Hawaii (LHR-BOS-PHX-LIH) in First for £4,134. It’s a combination of A and I classes so I think nets me 980 TPs (= 210 + 140 + 140 each way). Couple of questions:

If I call BA to book it, would I be able to them to do it as a holiday (5 nights in Hawaii) to I could nail double tier points? Or does that only work if it’s booked online as holiday. (I’m well aware of the fragile nature of actually getting the double points without chasing it up, even if you qualify!)

The outbound and returns are 38 and 33 hours respectively because they both contain at least one pretty long layover. Is there a code I can use in the ITA tool to tells it to give me layovers no longer than X hours (or something like that)? (I can see the little circle that warns me of long layovers, I just can’t figure out how to stop them!)

Is c2,000 TPs (with BA holiday double points) for the c£4,000 ok value, or do people typically find noticeably better than that? (I’m happier to pay a bit extra and get it done in 1 quick trip than having to lose half a dozen weekends in Europe somewhere!)

PS - first timer on this tier points run scheme… way more fun than just qualifying the usual way.
Yes, you could benefit from the double Tier Points promotion via the phone but be aware that "all flights need to be BA marketed under the BA code", a single AA flight would disqualify you from this promotion. In addition, you must complete travel by October 31, 2022 in order to benefit from this promotion.

To avoid long layovers, you could use the MAXCONNECT function at ITA Matrix: For example "MAXCONNECT" 4:00 would limit the maximum transfer time to 4 hours.