FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:24 am
Splotly

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I’m in the GGL group that has the opportunity to renew with only 2,250 TPs as long I get them before 31 Dec this year.

I could do with a run that lands me about 1,750.

Used the ITA tool to find a quick trip in October: U.K. to Hawaii (LHR-BOS-PHX-LIH) in First for £4,134. It’s a combination of A and I classes so I think nets me 980 TPs (= 210 + 140 + 140 each way). Couple of questions:

If I call BA to book it, would I be able to get them to do it as a holiday (5 nights in Hawaii) so I could nail double tier points? Or does that only work if it’s booked online as a holiday. (I’m well aware of the fragile nature of actually getting the double points without chasing it up, even if you qualify!)

The outbound and returns are 38 and 33 hours respectively because they both contain at least one pretty long layover. Is there a code I can use in the ITA tool to tell it to only give me layovers no longer than X hours (or something like that)? (I can see the little circle that warns me of long layovers, I just can’t figure out how to stop them!)

Is c2,000 TPs (with BA holiday double points) for the c£4,000 ok value, or do people typically find noticeably better than that? (I’m happier to pay a bit extra and get it done in 1 quick trip than having to lose half a dozen weekends in Europe somewhere!)

PS - first timer on this tier points run scheme… way more fun than just qualifying the usual way.

Last edited by Splotly; Jun 30, 2022 at 11:32 am