FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA plus pts with 31 July 2022 expiry, extended to Jan 2023; Jan 2023 to July 2023
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:02 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by uanj
Generally people's views in this thread whether UA should or should not extend PPs are a direct reflection of how it affects them. It's interesting to read for me since it probably has no major impact on me.
I don't know that it will impact me. But I do think the endless extensions are silly and have created an expectation that people are somehow entitled to special treatment. Let's just be done with this and move on. Expire the darn things and let people start over.
Originally Posted by uanj
I would think part of UA's calculus is seeing how much business travel has resumed and whether they were comfortable letting expire PPs for this profitable part of the MP population that they would normally love to have back. But just my guess.
Maybe. It's a zero cost method for UA to potentially tip the scales in its favor when a customer is making a purchase decision. To me it just shows how little UA cares about the ongoing dilution of earned benefits.