FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:30 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by nk15
I would have thought that NS-NS to the US in AMS would be the highest security flights...
The security depends on where you arrive from, not where you are going. I mean, you are all going through the same door, how would Schiphol even be able to route pax to the US differently than pax to say UK or Croatia?

Basically, outside EU and Schengen, you arrive from the US, Canada, UK, Singapore (on the direct non-stop flight) you are considered secure arrival.

Originally Posted by FlyingBlonde89
They had a status matching scheme that has since expired. They're not properly integrated on the same loyalty program so I wouldn't expect access.

Their loyalty program is 'Volare' even though they're a SkyTeams airline.
Status matching program has nothing to do with anything. Most SkyTeam airlines have their own programs, FB is a bit of an exception.

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Curious if StarAlliance eligible guests still can't use priority lanes. Last I heard that it's capacity related, so only SkyPriority/SkyTeam eligible guests. I'm HON with LX, but tempted to just buy a KL ticket to use the SkyPriority lanes this Sunday morning...
Star alliance eligible pax have always been able to use priority lanes. There were a couple days at the beginning of the mess this summer where priority policing broke down, but all kinds of priority passengers were turned away, including Privium. The situation is back to normal now.

Originally Posted by Xandrios
The whole priority situation for *A is somewhat tricky at the moment. There have been reports of *A business class/elites being allowed to make use of the KLM priority security entrance, however we are very light on reviews/confirmations on that. So theoretically there should be priority security for *A, however I'd guess that bringing extra non-status pax when flying economy is not going to be allowed. They do a manual BP check these days.
In theory, you might be sent from the back entrance to SP zone to go to priority entrance at the stairs. This will still be faster than general admission, however there is a portion where you would have to either elbow your way through non-prio pax or go up the stairs at the same rate as they do. You can enter priority lane once you emerge up the stairs.
In practice, you can enter via back of SP zone and you will be checked for eligibility and pass upstairs. Do not go through the front entrance to the SP zone, you will be turned away as you have no basis to enter the priority checkin zone.