FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA plus pts with 31 July 2022 expiry, extended to Jan 2023; Jan 2023 to July 2023
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:58 pm
js1993

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I am so disappointed by this. This just leaves more PlusPoints in the system so those of us who are requalifying and do not need extensions will not get CPUs.

Not a change I like.

It is not as if planes are flying empty. They are flying full at the pointy end with very, very long upgrade lists
You're not losing CPUs to people using old PP, though, or else UA wouldn't feel the need to extend them again. You're losing CPU to a big increase in leisure travelers paying for J. UA obviously feels the current domestic leisure-travel craze is temporary but hopes the pre-Covid business travelers might still return. (Indeed, the domestic leisure-travel craze is probably keeping a lot of business travelers at home, both because of prices and because of the almost-daily airport meltdowns. I know I'm delaying as much domestic travel as I can until the fall.)