FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-Schedule changes {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:33 pm
Samogitian

Programs: United
Best UA hubs to fly out of for Rewards Travel to EWR in the Summer

The three of us were planning on coming back to EWR from MAN via BRUin August on 60k business class award tickets. Tonight, I got an email to call UA and I found out that the MAN-BRU flight now arrives after the BRU-EWR flight departs. Of course UA only wants to offer flights that cost more miles. We have some options here. We are staying in Edinburgh and were going to do a driving tour after, ending in MAN. But we could go elsewhere. We could easily take a train to London and depart of one of the flights there, but maybe there are other nearby destinations we might enjoy? A short flight on (shudder...) Ryanair or some such would still be better than burning a ton of miles. We are with our teenager so a drunken night in Dublin isn't going to be much fun (and I've been to Ireland 60 times so I know all the attractions there). BRU would have been fun. It has a cool museum of musical instruments, if nothing else.

Any thoughts on what has low nonstop miles back to EWR? Not Frankfurt. One of the most boring cities in Europe.