FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any difference in customs at Guam?
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2004, 4:03 pm
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I haven't been to Pohnpei (PNI), either. I enjoy beauty, friendliness, relaxation, as well as hiking, snorkling, and just appreciating traditional attitudes -- imported canned foods and obesity notwithstanding -- and have been interested in Kosrae (KSA) ever since I knew the Officer-in-Charge of Construction at the Navy Seabee Center on Guam in 1983, when the runway was being built. Now that I'm married with two sons, given CO's monopoly fares, it's less likely I'll ever visit.

Most people living in Micronesia are familiar with Kosrae's traditional reputation, including Christian fundamentalism and everything being closed on Sundays. During 4½ years as an assistant public defender on Saipan with several thousand clients, I represented a couple of guys from Kosrae.

Are you originally from there, or are you a transplant? Does your moniker indicate that the newest FSM state actually has television now? Do the license plates still have three digits?

It's a good thing you got rid of the Japanese version of your island's name!