FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Test & Go Application Process changes
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:15 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rariya
IATA now updated with no mention of Thailand Pass or insurance coverage for my July 4th entry.
Originally Posted by seigex
Great info, glad I waited to get my Thailand pass!

EDIT; also comfirmed for july 2nd, doesn't snow any requirements for thpass or insurance
Interesting. I just checked via the United Timatic link (https://www.united.com/en/us/timatic/ )and it still shows Thai Pass needed.
I thought it pulled from the exact same master Timatic data.

Document Validity:

Passports issued to nationals of USA must be valid for the period of intended stay.
When nationals of USA travel with an emergency passport, it must be valid for a minimum of 30 days from the arrival date.

Warning:

Passengers must have a Thailand Pass QR code obtained at https://tp.consular.go.th
Passengers must have:
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covaxin, Covishield, Janssen, Medigen (MVC-COV1901), Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V or Turkovac at least 14 days before departure; or
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they received one dose of AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covaxin, Covishield, Janssen, Medigen (MVC-COV1901), Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V or Turkovac, and a COVID-19 recovery certificate; or
- a negative COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure.
Originally Posted by seigex
I didn't know that was a possibility. When I went in December interesting, I remember people asking about that but it was generally understood that it wouldn't be accepted. Not that it matters for me anymore.
From my understanding, when the documents were being examined more thoroughly, they were looking for specifics on coverage amount and specifically covering COVID. Now that the process is much quicker (automatic?), the scrutiny is not possible. If you turn out not to have coverage when needed, likely will get into some sort of trouble. But reports are that general insurance coverage letters are now being accepted when kicked back before.