FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You've been given complimentary MVP Gold 75K status
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:31 pm
Ford Fairlane

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by noah
Alaska must be working extra hard to retain business travelers given this email. My MVP 75K status was extended during the pandemic but I didn't fly enough to retain it earlier this year -- so I dropped down to MVP -- but looks like I'm back to 75K thanks to my employer. Spoiler alert: This probably won't impact my travel very much as I've already booked 50K on Delta the rest of this year but for the few regional flights planned on AS this is nice to have.
I suppose this is all to try to prevent or reverse exactly your situation, pulling business travel dollars back to AS by enticing business travelers formerly with status to pick AS instead when corp travel policies allow. If corp is paying for it and it's allowable per policy, sure, I might switch business flights to fly up front and get some Peatos or whatever if that's better than what I'd have elsewhere.

Originally Posted by missamo80
The 2023 expiry is for the GGUs not the status. Status expires at the end of 2022.
I've never had a corporate email in my AS profile.
This is puzzling me a bit. But did you have your MP number in a corporate planning tool or system? You were somehow identifiable as flying in a corp travel program of some sort, right?

I'm certainly not begruding any of you who got this deal. I think I'm trying to figure out how to set myself up for similar in the future.

My question: Those of you who got this deal, for your prior status, how much of the travel you qualified with was business travel? All? Most? A single SEA/PDX RT and the rest leisure travel?

Self-interested angle, just in case they do this again in a couple years: I've been working for a couple of the aforementioned hyphenated -*** companies for many years, but I never travel for work (quite often to get *away* from work, though). I'm 100K now and on track for 75K next year. But the amount of travel I expect to pay for in CY2023 is quite low (it's time to start traveling more on RDM).

I'm wondering if finagling even a single work-related trip this year or next, booked through corp's reservation tool, would put me on the list for this extended status should they do it again in 2024.