FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding/Seating Chaos - Summer 2022 Edition
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:25 pm
TXJeepGuy

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Concur. But I don’t think this is a summer 2022 problem it has been an issue ever since BE was introduced. It would be great it airline required seat assignments for all children <10 traveling with adults but query whether UA antiquated IT could handle that software update. And UA probably loathe to lose the bottom of barrel business to Spirit LOL. So just pretend the problem doesn’t exist and put the burden on your customers to resolve it rather than finding a better solution. A good way to lose the $900 elite. Maybe this is why DL doesn’t upgrade people to C+
Agreed. Was saying the same thing after a flight from SFO to IAH a few weeks ago. Was in E+ and my girlfriend and I lucked out with an empty middle between us. The row behind us however had a BE passenger with a lap "infant" in the middle seat. The kid was definitely too big for that and was not happy- lots of seat kicking.

In an attempt to be nice to the aisle passenger behind us and give the mom some breathing room, I offered her the aisle in our row so mom could put the kid in a seat. Mom goes great thank you now I can bring my sister up from the back so she can help me with the kid. Result for me- middle seat with the kid kicking me the whole ride. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.