FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:12 am
Eleflux

Forgot pictures, but was a bit exhausted when we were heading back. So at some point during our alaska trip, the preorders were back up. Pre-ordered omelet for wife and the grain bowl with Portuguese sausage for wife. Pre-ordered smokey roasted chicken for her and bimimbap bowl or however it is spelled for me on the last flight. Had mixup with hotel time and was going to spend 12 hours or more pre security in anchorage airport since it was starting to rain and wife was tired of wandering around.

Anchorage check in got us moved to a flight that was only a few hours away on a max9, which I loved the newer design. Gave up our breakfast the next morning flight, this flight had the smokey roasted chicken and Korean rice bowl. We both got chicken, and it honestly was fairly juicy and tender. Plenty of spice to the dish as well. Nuts were Luke warm, no snack basket, but chocolate chip cookie was nice and warm. This change got us into the anchorage lounge for comfort and a nice steak and ale soup. Unfortunately we arrived at 11pm and sat on the taxiway and ramp for 30 minutes or so, then had to sleep on the curved benches in N till the lounge opened.

Lounge food was OK I guess, but the lattes were good. Had to wait till our 1:40pm departure to MSP. Wife had the smokey chicken and I had the Korean rice bowl. The rice bowl was honestly the best dish I had on our trip, and I generally hate mushrooms because they are prepared so poorly. Really nice balance of flavor, and given the issues with proteins being dry, I was impressed that the egg was still had runny yolk. Nuts were cold, cookie was cold, no snack box. Was a fairly bumpy flight out of SEA and over Idaho/Montana though, so maybe that had something to do with it. Pilot had beautiful conditions in MSP and bobbled the landing (right main, nose, left main), then didn't slow down enough and had to slam on it, lol. Wife didn't notice how close we were getting to the end of the runway though, so it's all good. Everyone has their off days.

Now I only wish I had booked my next trip before mileage point costs went up... was half the points when I was looking before.