FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:44 pm
Kels93

Originally Posted by dobbyisfree
Hi, I have a question about eupgrades - my fiance and I booked a flight to Switzerland over Christmas, we booked Latitude which usually allows us to apply our eupgrades instantly. When we booked, it said we had to be waitlisted for an eupgrade even though the flight currently is empty - only has 3 people in economy. A few questions:

1) Is this common? The flight is through Air Canada and we have never had this happen before where we are waitlisted even when none of the Business class seats are even booked right now.

2) Who would we contact about this? Aeroplan says we need to contact Air Canada, and Air Canada says we need to contact Aeroplan. I keep getting transferred back and forth and no one seems to know who can help me. I have a feeling it is Air Canadas responsibility though as they decide if there is room for the eupgrades or not.

Thank you
Hi Dobby! I was just in the exact same situation as you -- booked Latitude last week for a Sept flight to CPH and got waitlisted instead of the instant upgrade. Looks like some R space opened up as we cleared the waitlist and got the eupgrade confirmation today. So it could potentially happen anytime, best of luck!