FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What could a random $37.80 charge be?
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:13 am
91StealthES

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
No, we are talking about being charged TWO/THREE TENTHS of a gallon or so, PLUS a $20 or so refueling fee. Some companies are using some sort of "sensor" that I don't understand which supposedly measures down to fractions. If it says there's a fraction of a gallon still to go before their definition of "full", you get charged.
Never heard of that, but not disputing you either. That is unscrupulous if it is happening. But again, your fuel receipt and a photo showing full tank will allow you to dispute these charges easily.

I've never been charged for fuel (US or Europe) unless I didn't return the vehicle full, which I have done. And my PC status has been earned via actual rentals over the past ~10-years (with the exception of COVID Shutdown); so lots of rental returns. Below are some photographic proof of how I returned some of my recent rentals/loaners.

Return at local branch.

Return at Airport

And for good measure, a loaner return to my local Merc dealer where I do the same thing.