FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying a few United Flights after 19 years of avoidance
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:55 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by prestonh
United likely won't do that again after the Dao incident. Which was not related to self upgrading. I do ask if the ua experience is so disappointing for you why come back?
There is no doubt from my limited experience and at least in my perception United has lost
a fair amount of professionalism and kindness.
in their check in procedures to be helpful.Make the customer do as much of the work as
possible and be subjected to robotic
angry militant frontlines.So once you are checked in the experience typically seems about
the same as most every airlin.That said it must to tough to work @ Ohare lately with the crush of passengers this summer

United’s draw to me is the crumbs of a flight schedule LAX to San or else taking the train to downtown
And occasionally like this week a rare event where united had saver awards half the redemption cost of others (typically I see them as much higher retune or award)making it a good value
Though I was upgraded to first class on Alaska it meant a stop in sfo with a 3 hour layover so i canceled and went with UA

Sometimes you just want to get home quickly and maximize your time
I see United as I do Southwest sometimes it might make sense to just suck it up and go
United was my favorite airline in the 90s and post 9-11 they lost me making flying overly complicated and recovery from problems extremely difficult.None the less a good learning experience to compare the negatives and positives at every airline

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 23, 2022 at 9:02 am