FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proposal for New Diamond Medallion benefit: Skip the Skyclub line?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:15 pm
USCTrojan83

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The problem is that some people choose to pay (more than a SC membership) for a regular AmEx Plat charge card or DL Reserve credit card precisely because they see it as including a SC membership (even though the benefit is actually SC access). When everyone is Fast Track, no one is.
Except the issue here is that the credit cards provide many benefits. SkyClub Membership gives you exactly one single benefit: access to the SkyClub. Nobody is saying those who have credit cards should be turned away, but this thread is about who should have priority access to the clubs. As someone who has Amex Plat and an Exec Membership, I can see both sides, but I can't help but feel those who are paying a significant fee per year solely for the purpose of SkyClub membership should indeed be prioritized. Additionally, those who are Delta's most frequent fliers and D1 guests should also have expedited entry over someone who just has an Amex Platinum and flies Delta a couple times a year.

Amex themselves provides a higher tier of service with reserved areas and expedited access for Centurion customers, so I don't know why Delta having tiers is at all that controversial.