FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Having Separate GE and Nexus Programs is a Bad Idea
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:18 pm
DualityOfNam

Originally Posted by atsak
What we have though is a joint program, which I will continue to participate in because it gets me through security faster and more easily in Canada as well as the US. In your case if you're in the Houston area as your profile suggests then it may not be as relevant as your travel may not follow primarily cross border. GE does not give you expedited Nexus processing in security in Canada (although they might let you in anyway), and in the current circus that has meant hours saved in my case.

Also GE doesn't give you land border access to Canada using Nexus lanes but similarly I suspect that's less relevant for you.

I agree though that they should trust each other and just let one side or the other interview (after appropriate vetting of course) just to save resources especially given the current backlog.
I too will continue in NEXUS. I visit Canada 3-4 times a year, more in some years, and often during peak travel season. Depending on which coast I'm going, and due to large differences in cost, I typically fly into a city close to the border (Buffalo and Watertown NY, Detroit MI, Seattle WA, etc..) and drive from there. NEXUS is a lifesaver during those trips. GE is nice too but I don't travel globally that frequently, mostly within the US so PreCheck too is a lifesaver.

Just hoping the administrators of the two programs will learn from the pandemic and tweak the application/interview process.