FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - State of TSA-PRE
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:31 am
lamphs

Originally Posted by milkcrate
What I often see are actual airline employees cutting the line. They should have a separate line for just the employees.
Aircrew gets priority. In some midwest airports that I frequent, there is only one line for security. I could care less that aircrew is prioritized as I almost never cut it so close that a couple of aircrew in front of me would make a difference in getting to the gate in a timely manner.

Originally Posted by mxracer95
I haven't traveled outside of TSA-Pre hours in a while so my memory may be a bit off. I have experienced what you mention, but I have also experienced not having to remove laptops/tablets. I may have had to place something in the bin with my bag that alerted the screener that bag was Pre.

Sadly, I run into this in the PreCheck line all the time and it's extremely frustrating since I'm usually arriving at security when my flight is already boarding. I assume it's people that were given random complimentary PreCheck access. Do you do the polite thing and wait behind them or do you be the experienced traveler and go ahead of them?
I have a tremendous amount of patience for the not so frequent flyers when I have to share a line. I occasionally have the impression that so many frequent flyers have an air of arrogance that makes them better than the not so frequent flyers. (Maybe fly private?) (I do not go ahead of those having difficulties unless there is a clear space to do so.)