FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need to cancel Aegean flight
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:48 am
bvmcginnis

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
You're probably best just not showing up and you would not be charged extra either for no-show or for cancelling. You won't get anything back for cancelling any economy ticket anyway and I suppose there is a slight chance that, between now and then, Aegean might cancel or change your flight. Even if they make a small change to your flight times (just 5 minutes on either leg) they will offer you the choice of a full refund! They don't HAVE to do that but it's what they have been doing recently. So... what I would do is wait until nearer the time (less than two weeks to departure). If the ticket is in Flex or ComfortFlex you could then find a cheap date in the future and re-book for free. Then you might eventually get a refund if they make a schedule change later. I wouldn't just give up and let them keep my money. I guess it depends if you can be bothered.
Thank you for that. I will not need them in the next (at least 2 years). I have flex U economy. No idea what that is. I was going to wait to see if by chance they chgd/canceled the flight (July 1). I have been watching and that hasn't been happening on any flights, same flight over the past weeks. But you think it's best just not to contact them at all and just not show up? I don't want penalties showing up on my cc.