FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Partner flight discontinued / canceled route on UA award ticket, what are my options?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:46 am
Taikucing

Originally Posted by cfischer
Watch for a travel waiver from SN. Might help convince UA to open up space on their metal
Originally Posted by jsloan
There's nothing to be done until / unless your flight is cancelled.

If that happens prior to the day of travel, UA is responsible for re-accommodating you, or offering a refund. If it happens on the day of travel, it'd be Brussels' responsibility.
Originally Posted by mduell
Keep in mind on the day of, Brussels support lines are going to be completely jammed. While Brussels is the one obligated to assist you at that point, United can assist you and on past experience there's a fair chance United will assist you, so try both in parallel to see which gets through first.

Got this email after I rejected Brussel's offer (next day flight), I'm contacting United.

Thank you for your response

You did not agree with our proposal. Therefore, this flight is removed from your booking.

If you receive additional emails for changes to other flights in this booking, it is important that you reply to each of these emails.

Rest assured that, in the meantime, the value of your booking remains valid and you have the possibility to make a new reservation.

We kindly ask you to contact your travel agency or our Service center to find the best solution for you.
In case you no longer wish to fly, you can request a refund via your travel agency or here.