FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:42 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I've recently booked on the flight LHR-AMS-BKK at klm.com (economy class with 1 checked-in bag but I have Flying Blue Platinum status) for travel on Friday 8th July. I have a 1 hour 10 minute connection ime in AMS with the LHR-AMS on KLM Cityhopper (that has always been a bus from aircraft to terminal rather than a jetway for me). This is my first trip since the start of the pandemic and back than I would not be concerned about the connection time. If I recall correctly, in the past it was a simple walk from the arrival gate (or bus drop off location) to the next gate withut any further passport/security checks as all outside the schengen area, but are things much slower now e.g. not enough staff to drive the airside buses? My return is via CDG also with a 1 hr 10 min connection but I am not seeing reports that CDG is having these problems like AMS and LHR.

Now seeing this thread about the AMS staffing issues (which I have seen for LHR in the news here) and getting slightly concerned about the connection time - should I be concerned?