FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long waiting time for upgrade tickets
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:28 am
BinSabai

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Yoshi DUS
No. To be eligible for a GUP a paid economy class ticket in a certain booking class is mandatory. So beeing charged for the Q-class ticket is a basic requirement. But if you upgrade the Q-class with a GUP or by mileage redemption you will be charged a service fee and a fuell surcharge difference (so called YQ) between the economy class fare and the business class fare. Depending on the route this could be some 100 USD. Also a new e-ticket will be issued and you will get an EMD receipt stating what you paid more. What happened to me (and obviously to others) is, that TG only reserverd the upgrade but did not issue the ticket. Since currency fluctuates and fuell surcharges may go up, this could mean that you loose money, especially (like in my case) the upgrade was confirmed in February but ticket was issued late May.
thanks!
that's what I was told will take some time as there is a long queue (new upgraded ticket "will be issued latest 5 days before the flight"...and even as Platinum you do not get any priority...this service fee and fuel surcharge will be charged by TG office in Bangkok directly to my credit card...