FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgent: 6/15/22 flight-no boarding pass!
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:05 pm
Madison Guy

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by ttuna3
I agree that it's most likely SSSS. I've seen it before on UA, AA, DL, BA and OZ and virtually every time I'm actually checked in but can't get a BP until I see somebody. An unfortunate side effect seems to be that I can't get a mobile BP on any of the connections as well as the original departure. IAH TSA wanted to send me through regular screening because of SSSS even with Pre-Check on the BP and my Navy ID. Supervisor took me over the Pre-Check and the computer said "You're good to go" and I was sent through Pre-Check. Supervisor didn't seem too happy with the initial screener rejecting my BP without scanning, since things were already backed up due fairly long slow lines and they didn't want to add any more load to the regular lines when Trusted Travelers aren't selected for extra security.
I'm an AA flyer, not UA, nit I didn't think it possible to have both SSSS and Precheck on the same boarding pass. Indeed, that field enbedded in the PDF-417 code is a single character. Last I saw, it had four possible values: Reg, SSSS, Pre-check and even a value for No-Fly. But that was a couple of years ago. (Of course, I've had SSSS on an INTL return, and that carries forward to all connecting BPs - but with AA I was always able to have the BPs reprinted on arrival in the US for my connecting flights with Precheck back in INSTEAD of SSSS.)
Or, perhaps you are saying an agent manually wrote SSSS on your BP that was printed PreCheck?