FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:57 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This is going to be somewhat of a stupid question, I'm sure, but I didn't see a definitive answer anywhere in this thread or the one on COVID points expiry extensions.

I don't stay at Hyatts very much due to their smaller global footprint. I was cleaning up some old e-mails this morning and noticed something from Hyatt last fall about my account. Turns out that my points all expired as of December 31, 2021. I know it's my fault for not keeping up with expiries and I could have bought some points or whatever to extend them, but still seems pretty crappy of them to do it given COVID.

It's not many points (~14K, and I was shocked I had that many!), so it's not the end of the world, but I'm curious whether there's any way to get them back, e.g. by writing in to customer service or doing a stay in the near term? I know their policy is quite clear in normal times, but curious whether anyone has found any flexibility as a result of the pandemic.