FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
If you got an AA agent at IAH to do it then just consider yourself really lucky. There's no rhyme or reason why, class of service shouldn't have anything to do with it.

People ask on here all the time about checking bags through and I always cringe at the "but I was able to do it one time" responses as while technically true they just give folks false hope.

This is a well established policy that has been in place almost 6 years now, and unlike a lot of things with AA it's actually clearly spelled out at aa.com.
I believe you and I do not read the AA page as often as UA or others even as an ExecPlat since my PHL travel normal quals me regardless. Just sharing my experience, but your warning and point is well meaning and well taken. And to be fair I always go into such situations, even as a GS at UA for example, presuming the answer will be no and happy when I get things checked through as needed on any airline or within an alliance.

What I don't get, and mere curiosity, is why they seem so averse to it? Are they concerned about IRROPS or just extra work by staff?