FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:12 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I flew VIA DFW that is why I burned points but bought CTA direct on BA. My point was I got bags through all the way twice. Which to be fair UA has done for me also.
Originally Posted by simon562
I'm going to give it a try at MIA. Was there any pushback at all, or anything that might help me get them to say yes? I keep reading the success rate is close to zero.
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Maybe it was because I was in business and on paid business on the next flight with one checked bag?

I am flying AA in first in a week and half via MIA, as I burned more miles to try AA's true "first". I am starting in NAP on BA, again with a separate paid biz ticket so I will try it in reverse on the partners (and from MIA to IAH separate but I have to get bags and recheck from CBP anyway).

What is AA's supposed aversion to the practice?
If you got an AA agent at IAH to do it then just consider yourself really lucky. There's no rhyme or reason why, class of service shouldn't have anything to do with it.

People ask on here all the time about checking bags through and I always cringe at the "but I was able to do it one time" responses as while technically true they just give folks false hope.

This is a well established policy that has been in place almost 6 years now, and unlike a lot of things with AA it's actually clearly spelled out at aa.com.