FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Adelaide {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:11 am
outgoing

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We had a pretty decent 2 night stay here. Not sure if it was an upgrade but we were assigned to corner room on 16th floor. It was perfectly fine: clean, had desk, and fast internet. The only complaint I have about the room is that the shower is small and the water pressure was relatively low.

Breakfast was comped for diamonds and indeed it starts at 6.30 am which is nice. The food itself is nothing to write about though. Went one day and skipped it the next.

We asked for 2.30 pm checkout and got it no problem.

Parking is a nightmare as it is public parking two blocks away w/o in and out option. Once you are out you need to take another ticket for another charge.

Vouchers are still there and one can just order and get food/beverage to the room. This is what we did. Canapes are a joke while drink vouchers are an overkill. Too few on the former and too much on the later imo. I think they give you 1 + 4 per day and you can have a bottle of wine (which is not bad) for 3 drink vouchers.

Now the bad part of the experience is hotel security. We had some creepy teenagers follow us to the elevator, clearly not guests as we realized once the doors closed, who started filming a youtube video (challenge?) masturbating in the elevator. I'm fairly young and did a fair share of crazy stuff in my days but would have never come up with something like that. We got out and I called security from our room. I do hope that they caught them on their way down.

Overall perfectly fine hotel but compared to other places we stayed in Australia not such a good value for money. We paid some AUD 255 here and AUD 295 for Park Hyatt in Melbourne. Guess which one is better! On the other hand, not Hyatt or Marriott in Adelaide.