Hilton Adelaide {AUS}

Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Does anyone know how likely Golds are to get upgraded - and from what to what?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by louie-m
Does anyone know how likely Golds are to get upgraded - and from what to what?

Long time since I was a gold here, but unless it's a peak period your chances of a Lounge upgrade are maybe 50/50.

There's really not a lot to distinguish one room type from another.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by QF WP
I stayed here on 2nd Feb (paid booking), with a concurrent 2 night booking for 3rd & 4th Feb (as part of a Conference - so booked through Conference TA). I am currently Gold. Rate for the paid stay was AUD$268.40 (Advance Purchase). Booked a King Deluxe, received an Exec Floor King Deluxe Plus. Happy with upgrade although I do miss the corner Suites here (back when I was Platinum). Got Exec Lounge access but no welcome card in room - 2 small bottles of water replenished daily.

Exec Lounge is on 16th floor (Exec Floors are 16 to 18). Exec Lounge is fantastic for breakfast (only has limited breakfast fare and no cooked options other than boiled eggs and availability for toast), so if you want full breakfast head to the ground floor Coal Cellar & Grill (recently renamed and refurbished).

Drinks and canapes at night are the drawcard for me. The Manager, Lisa, remembered my name on the second morning and offered to brew me a pot of tea (I'd asked on the first morning). Great service and easier to check out there than downstairs.

Sadly, Lisa seems to have moved on.

Like Mark @ BNE Hilton, she remembered EVERYONE. I once went about a year between stays and she knew me by name.
QF WP likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:41 am

Just finished a 6 day stay at the Hilton Adelaide. We were visiting family who live locally and also used as a base for visits to McLaren Vale and the Barossa. This was our second stay.

Upgraded to room on 16th floor (Exec lounge floor), view over Victoria Square was nice. Note that rooms have opening windows, which is a big plus for us. Lounge excellent as always, evening food and drinks probably better than 2 years ago. Soup, one other hot item (one night was noodles for example) and good cheeseboard. Bread selection and some cold meats. Staff work VERY hard to keep the lounge tidy and keep food items topped up. Breakfast was a bit weaker and we used the Coal Grill most mornings. Good selection of food and Champagne available. As a poster up thread stated boiled eggs and toast were the sum of hot food in the lounge. Hotel is handy for CBD and Rundle Mall. Note that there is a free tram zone from the tram stop directly outside the hotel. Tram is handy for trip to Glenelg (seaside) and was only a few dollars. Ticket machines available on trams.

We also stayed at the Curio in Sydney and Doubletree in Melbourne which I will post on their threads.
QF WP likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
This is a covid-19 update on the Hilton Adelaide. We've just spent 4 days there. Overall, in these different times it has been ok. It was good to see many of the old staff around though one told us he had been out of a job for the previous 6 months. .The executive lounge is closed and daily breakfast is in the restaurant. It is a substantially cutback from previous times but you can still get cooked breakfasts from the chef. The self-serve buffet is closed but there are staff ready to give you what you want from the the limited choice.

As to evenings with the lounge shut you are given food and drink vouchers on check-in. These can be used in the seated area on the ground floor. There is a three item plate for diamonds and two drink vouchers per person per day. In fact, we were given five per person per day so we weren't at risk of alcohol deprivation. Other covid changes are that the restaurant is only open in the evenings at weekends and for lunch three days a week. Of course, this may change and hopefully will. Rooms are only serviced on request. There is also only self-drive parking available at a nearby facility at $25.00 per day, Locals will be pleased to note that the coffee tax ($5.00 per cup from the barrista) still apples.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 5:31 am

Copy of the review that I just posted on Trip Advisor.

What a let-down.

Ok, so I've stayed in several "COVID-era" Hilton properties in Australia (Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast).

This was pretty poor. Even accounting for the SA Government's particularly insane (not as bad as Victoria, but far worse than NSW or Qld) restrictions, the measures come across as weak penny-pinching. But to be fair, I'll start with the good.

GOOD:

- Room service menu is passable - they at least have more than a burger, fish & chips and a pizza available. The steak was actually very decent and (by hotel standards) good value. Nicely done.

- Charles from room service was outstanding as always. This guy is an institution at the hotel and has been happily feeding and watering me for years. 10/10.

- Rooms were (as usual) clean and comfortable.

- Breakfast is served from 6:30 whereas the low-energy types in Sydney can't manage to serve up a bowl of cereal before 7am.

THE BAD:

- Terrible treatment of Diamond members. Both Sydney and Brisbane manage faux-lounge experiences. Adelaide? They'll give you 4 drink vouchers (for rubbish house wine only) and ONE "canap" voucher. That gets you ONE tiny bird's eye samosa, ONE slice of salmon and ONE dumpling. That's it. That's your food for the evening for a Diamond member (or, presumably, executive room guest). For real. Whilst Sydney and Brisbane manage multiple servings of a variety of hot dishes, Adelaide can't even break out the party pies. Pathetic. ... is that all about? If somebody from the hotel responds with "muh COVID restrictions" they should be dragged out into the nearest paddock and shot.

Worse - good luck getting a seat in the bar area. I stayed Thurs, Fri and Sat nights. Only on Thursday night could I actually make use of my povo vouchers - and only then because I arrived before 5pm and managed to score a table as somebody departed. Both Friday and Saturday nights the staff couldn't help me find a seat ("Sorry we're really busy" - yeah you don't say???) - no provision for elite guests at all. So I obtained faster service by getting an Uber to Haandorf and having dinner at a pub where the staff actually gave a rat's arse.

- So-called "heated" pool is not. They've been peddling this lie for years. Ice cold. Yeah, I get that it's winter but at least be honest with the guests and tell them that the pool is only serviceable in summer.

- No valet service bags in the room. I would have dropped $50+ of laundry, but instead the Park Hyatt in Melbourne with get the business tomorrow night.

- Lounge game was weak - did I mention that? If anyone wants a dozen unused vouchers let me know. Good luck redeeming those - more chance of finding the Beaumont children.

- Booked a boardroom for a meeting. Banquet staff were fine organising it, but for some reason the aircon was set at Mustafar temperature and it took half a dozen attempts to get it to Alderaan temperature.

- WiFi is rubbish. I'm typing this using my 4G dongle because it was taking ages to download anything.

- Water pressure. It's been an issue since my first stay here over a decade ago - but seriously guys, do something about it.

Not sure if the massive water stains on the carpet outside the elevators on level 18 are a good or bad point. I'll leave that up to you, dear reader.

I wonder if Intercontinental are doing a status match?
Old May 15, 2021, 3:58 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Is L18 the top floor? If so, we call the King Suite the Murder Suite because of its 1980s furniture and rancid smell of mould throughout.
shillard likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Is L18 the top floor? If so, we call the King Suite the Murder Suite because of its 1980s furniture and rancid smell of mould throughout.

Yup, that's the floor.

Dare you to shine a black light torch in that room.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We had a pretty decent 2 night stay here. Not sure if it was an upgrade but we were assigned to corner room on 16th floor. It was perfectly fine: clean, had desk, and fast internet. The only complaint I have about the room is that the shower is small and the water pressure was relatively low.

Breakfast was comped for diamonds and indeed it starts at 6.30 am which is nice. The food itself is nothing to write about though. Went one day and skipped it the next.

We asked for 2.30 pm checkout and got it no problem.

Parking is a nightmare as it is public parking two blocks away w/o in and out option. Once you are out you need to take another ticket for another charge.

Vouchers are still there and one can just order and get food/beverage to the room. This is what we did. Canapes are a joke while drink vouchers are an overkill. Too few on the former and too much on the later imo. I think they give you 1 + 4 per day and you can have a bottle of wine (which is not bad) for 3 drink vouchers.

Now the bad part of the experience is hotel security. We had some creepy teenagers follow us to the elevator, clearly not guests as we realized once the doors closed, who started filming a youtube video (challenge?) masturbating in the elevator. I'm fairly young and did a fair share of crazy stuff in my days but would have never come up with something like that. We got out and I called security from our room. I do hope that they caught them on their way down.

Overall perfectly fine hotel but compared to other places we stayed in Australia not such a good value for money. We paid some AUD 255 here and AUD 295 for Park Hyatt in Melbourne. Guess which one is better! On the other hand, not Hyatt or Marriott in Adelaide.
remymartin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.