FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:45 pm
shonanroger

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The breakfast is free for everyone, and looks incredible for a Hyatt Place:

https://twitter.com/OjisanRis/status...35688069820416
I had both, Japanese and Western breakfasts on a recent stay. They were OK, but nothing near “incredible”. Not even as compared with other Hyatt Places or Houses in East Asia.

Two minus points during the stay:
- They will tell you upfront that you won’t get an upgrade as a Globalist. Even if you’re not asking. Even not from Standard to Standard with Garden View. Sure, this is compliant to the WoH rules. But thinking about the generous upgrades I got at the HH Kanazawa, or the now rebranded HH Niseko, or upgrades I got at every European or other Asian HH or HP I stayed at, even as a Discoverist, that’s really stingy.
- The windows can theoretically be opened but are locked with a key. The hotel won’t budge and unlock the window citing “safety concerns”.

A big plus is the Nespresso machine next to the check in counter. Free of charge for everyone. Can even do Lattes.

All in all, looking at the price tag and the benefits, I’d probably rather stay at the Crowne Plaza, or some of the Marriott properties within a similar price range. Also looking forward to get a look at the Hilton Garden Inn which will open later this year.