FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceline's United Packages: First Class Bait and Switch
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:54 am
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by firemandan9
Priceline supervisor admitted their was a "system error" but that my my only recourse was to cancel the flight portion of my flight my + hotel package or refare the flight portion (frustratingly using only public fares, not bulk) as per their description they are totally separate travel components with separate cancelation policies.
Time to start throwing around the term "Chargeback". You bought a combined product and they have failed to deliver on one critical part of that product - that is well within the bounds for a chargeback and your credit card company will almost certainly back you on that. Ideally you don't want to get the credit card company involved, and simply stating that you're going to head down the chargeback route on the grounds of fraud/bait-n-switch/system error should be enough to get Priceline to come to the party and cancel the entire reservation.