FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceline's United Packages: First Class Bait and Switch
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:42 pm
firemandan9

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Angry Priceline's United Packages: First Class Bait and Switch

Pretty sour experience with the United brand today. United Packages (actually a division of Priceline.com advertised on United's homepage) sold me a "first or business" class roundtrip domestic air travel on United with a packaged hotel.
After paying online the actual consolidated bulk fare ticket booked included the transcon segment in economy (mixed class booking). At no point in the booking process does Priceline disclose anything other then the 1 stop ticket is being booked in first or business.

Pretty blatant bait and switch that they are not willing to book the advertised class of travel nor offer a full refund (due to the hotel cancellation policy). Coincidently only after they acknowledged their "system error" do they notify me the hotel rate they booked is over 2x the hotel's fully flexible rate had I booked direct.

Beware of booking premium class tickets with Priceline / United Packages. United sells these types of mixed class itineraries themselves but it's always advertised in advance in my experience..

Last edited by firemandan9; Jun 11, 2022 at 11:50 pm