FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long waiting time for upgrade tickets
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:35 am
Yoshi DUS

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I have just looked through my e-tix. YQ has only ever been charged on an award tix, and never on a paid tix with GUP applied.

Something is very wrong, or the rules have changed!
YQ difference for GUP ex Europe have been charged in the past for quiet a while. They introduced this fee roughly 8 years ago. I briefly checked old EMD and found a RT FRA-BKK in early 2019. Here I paid only 84 Euros YQ and no service fee. Service fee according to EMD is now 120 US Dollars and YQ for my itinerary is a whopping 396 Euro, so a total of 510 Euros on top of the Q-class ticket. The initial stated 650 USD are not correct. Sorry about that. Nevertheless it remains that when I initially booked and confirmed GUP in February 2022 Euro was stronger compared to USD and YQ difference was much lower. Also it took several attempts and time to contact TG in Thailand and in Frankfurt to book GUP and than again to get the tickets issued. In total my ticket costed 1590 Euros, whereas +1 was booked directly in J as revenue ticket for 2130 Euros. Also it remains a mystery what has happened if I did not notice that the ticket has not been issued. How many people know the difference between a PNR and an e-ticket number?

Last edited by Yoshi DUS; Jun 12, 2022 at 2:42 am