FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Cert upgrade suggestions - Asia??
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:41 pm
cre95

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by chromedome00
OK, maybe I was getting the terms confirmed and cleared mixed up - when I see "must be confirmed 24 hours before departure." that means I have to apply for this upgrade that far in advance, but theoretically, if I make the reservation now, and apply the certificate now, I should know "now" that I am getting my upgrade? I guess I am trying to avoid planning for a long trip with nice seating, only to find out at the last minute I am in coach/comfort plus. Does the D1 upgrade clear right away on DL and partner flights, or does it depend on the partner?
You can find out whether there is upgrade space available right now by calling or being logged in where you値l see the tag saying that upgrade is available with a global upgrade certificate. With this approach, you値l book / pay for the flights and apply the upgrade. You値l also want to make sure your ticket is reissued in the upgraded class. Your upgrade will be certain.

If there is no upgrade space available when you call, you can still purchase the tickets but you値l just be waitlisted for the upgrade. This may clear before check-in the day prior to your trip or if that doesn稚 happen, you might still clear at the gate. In both of these cases, you may or may not ever clear to the upgraded seat.

Given your flexibility of dates and destination, you could take the first route above and search for an option with the two upgrade-able seats. You値l then be certain of having confirmed upgraded seats.