FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Cert upgrade suggestions - Asia??
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:05 pm
chromedome00

Originally Posted by MonAmQB
I don't think you will be bumped by a paying customer. Once you clear the D1 upgrade, they reissue your ticket. The D1 suite will be yours. If DL bumps you out of that seat involuntarily (extremely unlikely) for any reason on their end, you will definitely get your GUC back (you can ask for a brand new exp date) and ask for more compensation.
OK, maybe I was getting the terms confirmed and cleared mixed up - when I see "must be confirmed 24 hours before departure." that means I have to apply for this upgrade that far in advance, but theoretically, if I make the reservation now, and apply the certificate now, I should know "now" that I am getting my upgrade? I guess I am trying to avoid planning for a long trip with nice seating, only to find out at the last minute I am in coach/comfort plus. Does the D1 upgrade clear right away on DL and partner flights, or does it depend on the partner?

Don't get me wrong - not trying to sound spoiled, just if I tell the wife she gets to fly up front for international (she never has), I would hate for her to be disappointed because the upgrade we applied for months in advance and counted on, fell through.

I know I can call the medallion line, but I am sure they are swamped with summer travel, so thanks for the help all.