FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:35 am
snic

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by snic
What's the current "snack" in J on the redeye from LAX to JFK? (Or SFO-JFK.) The LAX-JFK flight departs at 10:30 pm and lists "snack" instead of "dinner".
To answer my own question: on a recent LAX-JFK redeye, it was chicken or squash ravioli. Sounds like the dinner service on other flights, not sure why they call it a "snack". I thought the FA said it was Thai chicken, but it was in some sort of spicy sauce with beans and corn, and some rice. Not particularly good, and yes, the chicken wasn't a solid breast but rather large-ish shreds that had been pressed together. There was a skimpy cabbage salad with some sad edamame decoration, a roll, and a truly disgusting Eli's strawberry swirl cheesecake. I'm not a fan of plastic strawberry goop.

A highlight was the Glenfarclas scotch, which was very good. I would have preferred just to have a glass of that with some warm nuts to ease me to sleep, but alas there were no nuts at all, warm or not.