FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rotterdam airport- lounge?
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:38 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by delpiero223
We had quite a different experience in mid-May 2022 on the 7 am flight:

Lounge was closed "due to staff shortage". Instead, we were offered a voucher, redeemable for any 3 breakfast items from the cafe. When we got to pay, the cashier insisted that it was only valid for a maximum of €15 (don't remember the exact amount, maybe it was only €13). Therefore we had to pay an additional €3 each for a juice and two sandwiches.

Sandwiches were good, though. Looked way better than the lounge food above. But you don't get to choose lounge or voucher anyway.

Service on-board was lovely with a hot English breakfast offered.
This was indeed what happened to my a few years ago, when vouchers were the norm - I was told and I believe it was also written on the voucher any 3 items with no max monetary value - and at the cashier, I had the same discussion. As I wanted to make my stand, (not trying to be a DYKWIA) - but just because it did seem like the cashier was making her own rules - I did create a small scene as I pointed to the printed voucher to ask her politely to point me to where this max value is printed- requested for a supervisor (who never materialized) - and in the end, she just waived me through. I did write a complain to BA after that incident to just make them aware of the situation.
I don't know why this happens - I suspect it could be a confusion between maybe voucher provided by airlines when there's significant delay to these vouchers for premium pax. Or the company running the business and collecting the fees from BA trying to max their profit.

As for me I would not mind using RTM airport more often, however getting there via public transportation for me is much more messy compared to getting to Schiphol especially with luggage.

Cheers!