FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore (SQ) Awards on AS?
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:08 am
tobegold

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
SQ J availability seems to be quite good lately, not just from NA, but likely the last to be booked since the award is comparatively expensive: 100K miles each.

CX - 50K
JL - 65K
SQ - 100K
KE - 120K return

I have only flown SQ once but wasn't impressed with the hard or soft product in J. I could overlook that, give them a second shot, if the award pricing was competitive. Earnings on SQ are also poor.

I see some JL options in April too.

In April, SQ EWR-SIN-DPS, one-stop, return is $1223 in PE. That earns 21,144 EQM & 52,860 RDM for an MVPG100K. From JFK, $1278 on the A380 with a technical stop in FRA.

Are you adding in a stopover?

James
I am going to call in tomorrow to see about getting a 4 or 5 day stopover in SIN if possible, not sure if this is possible like CX in HKG or JL in Japan. Nothing available on CX or JL in J, not interested in KL for April to DPS. First time on SQ and was willing to pay the premium for the experience. SQ not available through AC or TK Star Alliance partners BUT AS has availability??!! Makes no sense. Will return on CX or JL if possible in May. Flew JL BKK-HND-YVR last November in J and it was fantastic, better than my J flights on ANA. I have not flown CX in J yet. Usually I stick with Star Alliance for my travels.