FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random seat changes to UA itineraries after having an assigned seat [Consolidated]
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:46 pm
yeh8389

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But based on the testimony on FT, many GS have said that is no an option for them. That may be a few cases of this but I thing the evidence suggests it is one of the rare reasons.

As there have been multiple aircraft swaps of aircraft type with different seat configurations, a GS in the seat does not even mean this was a GS shenanigans. As the GS may have been seated there in the case of a normally seat scramble on aircraft config change. So querying will be inconclusive.

Hope your trip is going well and you were able to work out sometime in real-time.
A useful piece of information is, were you on a single PNR or separate bookings?
Thank you all!! We arrived in Chicago safely and we got to sit together…thanks to the 2 hr delay…hahaha!

Well, we went to United club and asked the agent to see what she could do. It ended up the flight was 2 hours delay and the passenger in 5F changed his/her flight and my spouse was able to move to the seat next to me! When I asked the agent whether GS agent can change peoples seat to accommodate GS and she just smiled and did not respond and told us now you both were sitting together. After we boarded, we noticed the guy sitting in 3B (my original seat) was one of the very first people who boarded. We thought he was GS!

Well, I monitor my flight everyday and it was changed two days prior to departure. I don’t think it’s computer error in this case since there was no schedule and plane change. My 3B seat was suddenly taken by someone else and I was moved to 5 E.

Anyway, this is just frustrating and I don’t think it’s fair that GS agents do it to make GS happy by sacrificing other passengers. I know United always say that they don’t do it. However, I guess it depends on agents. United should enforce its policy of practice if it wants to earn loyal flyers trust and should not allow “exception” in this case… Thanks for all your feedback! Take care!!