FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can’t we have a dress code for Polaris Lounges?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:20 am
evol

Programs: United currently plat
Originally Posted by n198ua
I’ve been flying for about 25 years now. I always wear at least khakis and a polo and bring a light jacket. Partly b/c I think you should get dressed up a bit when your flying, but mostly b/c I’m always cold. If you want to wear PJs or a wifebeater in first, I don’t agree with it, but thats my issue not yours. Wear whatever you want. I’m not going to lose any sleep over it, and until UA tries to enforce some kind of dress code, they’re not losing any sleep over it either. (Although I do think employees traveling non-rev regardless of cabin have to wear khakis at a minimum, don’t quote me on that but I thought I was told that once by a non-rev who was a seat-mate for a flight)
That’s correct, NRSA passengers have a strict dress code. When i used to pass travel on UA I would literally wear a sport coat, buttoned shirt; no jeans allowed. I would even go as far as to remove my ear piercings, I was representing my family member as an employee of the company. On Hawaiian Airlines the NRSA dress code is wildly lenient.

To the topic at hand:
When i feel like I have a good chance of getting an upgrade I might dress a bit nicer, if i’ve paid for the Polaris seat or the upgrade is confirmed and i’m flying overnight, i’m going to dress comfortably. I don’t want lay down horizontally and wrinkle nice clothes.Times have changed and people of different social status dress all kinds of way. Luxury fashion brands sell tons of sweatshirts, T-shirts, sweatpants as of late.

The Polaris Lounge is not a Country Club, thank god!