FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International F service on AA
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2022, 9:05 pm
bowzer91

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Originally Posted by IggySD
Hope for a schedule change that allows you to be rerouted on a better airline? If this is you’re first F flight you’ll probably enjoy it and a lot of what people complain about may not even phase you. If you’ve flown other F products you’ll most likely be underwhelmed. The food and booze is subpar to other F (and some C) products, save the ice cream sundae which is the best desert available on any carrier IMO. But even what’s “good” on other carriers is still airplane food. You’ll have much better available in FFD but even that is still airport food (although of high quality). I haven’t found the seat as bad as people make it out to be but it is a bit weird and uncomfortable during take off and landing if you try to stretch your feet. Service could be great, awful (unlikely to get either), or mediocre (would bet on that). Not sure if pajamas are offered, last time I looked it up the website said they were offered but that may not be accurate.

Really though, if you normally fly in the back and this is a once in a life time opportunity, ignore all the criticisms and enjoy! Most of the things people complain about wouldn’t even be noticed by folks who aren’t up front often.
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
My condolences. Pick another airline. Eliminate AA, BA, Air India. Look at Qatar or Finnair (No F), if you have to do Oneworld. AF, LH, will do a better job to Asia, and anywhere else.

Ymmv
I normally fly F or J, and have flown AA J before, but AA F would be new to me. I am a skeptical of AA F after having read through this thread.

However, I had a schedule change and I have a booked LX F (roundtrip remainder) ticket to BOM, but am unable to secure a seat +/- 3 days around my preferred changed date (its been like this more than 20 days out and a change to LH F is being stupidly priced to me).

Hence I was looking for a reasonable one-way fare from NYC in J. But AA is giving me an F fare which is cheaper than J on almost every carrier barring KU and MS.

No mileage options around my date either, so any suggestions are welcome