FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2022, 4:39 pm
bostontraveler

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's for a taxi. 98 euro was for a Mercedes E Class.

While some people may not consider it worth it to pay up for either (i) a Mercedes or (ii) a private transfer, it is not accurate to say they are the same thing.

It's not the same service. You're not just paying for the transport, you're paying for confirmed private transfer in a particular type of vehicle. Also, 5* hotels tend to book higher quality cars and drivers than you will get simply by booking through an app or at random at the taxi stand. Many on this forum are sophisticated consumers of travel services, who understand that cheapest is not always best. Please keep in mind that this thread is for the PH Milan, not the Ibis.

And for the record, I also recommended UA-NYC consider just taking a taxi. But it's simply not accurate to say that booking a private transfer through a luxury hotel is the same as taking a taxi.
Kacee... You are obfuscating...

I have traveled to 130+ countries and stayed at thousands of hotels. Including the PH Milan MANY times. I fully understand the differences.

My point was it's not necessary. A little research can get you the same product without being fleeced.

If you want to pay hotel prices for transport, all good... go for it