FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2022, 3:04 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Indeed the demand is definitely there. But having seen even the Privium ClubLounge West closed last trip, I suspect staff shortages are also still affecting airport lounges which are part of ‘horeca’.
I don’t know how the staff at the *A/BA lounge were employed, but as both locations are still closed I figure they may be under a different contract/company than the Aspire staff and possibly did not maintain their job during covid?
The Star Alliance lounge is operated by Aspire #26 staff as far as I am aware. It's next door and I think they also share a kitchen.

It could be staff shortages indeed. Though with them now potentially having to turn away lounge customers (that are then entitled to compensation I assume?) can't be a good solution either though..

Originally Posted by johan rebel
I'm getting ± 2-2½ times as many miles now as I did in the second half of last year for exactly the same flights.
Keep in mind though that fare prices have also gone up due to increased demand. The surge pricing they are talking about now, as far as I understand, is artificial price increases (e.g. remove the lower half of fares) leaving only the more expensive ones. The theory being that it would reduce the number of pax booking, while still maintaining revenue as the margin per pax is much higher.