FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives hotel recommendations
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2022, 7:39 pm
threepointkid

Eyeing a 5 night trip to the Maldives for 2 adults in their late 20’s/early 30’s for later this summer and I wanted to get some thoughts on resort selection. With a hard total budget set at $18k, I’m finding that the most highly regarded resorts (Cheva Blanc, Velaa, Kudadoo, Nautilus) will just be too expensive for this trip.

For more context, I’ve never been to the Maldives and I’ve done quite a bit of my own research, what I’m seeking is just some differentiation amongst the resorts directly below the highest tier (some of which I’ve noticed would be: Joali, Soneva Fushi, O&O, Patina) I think most of those would fit the budget. No need to be perfectly precise on pricing, but if you were in my shoes, which resorts would you most strongly consider. My priorities are not too specific, just seeking a. relaxing, celebratory trip after a long year of work.

As an aside, I am US based, so given my budget, might you consider a closer destination. the Caribbean, Mexico, or another beach destination and then plan a Maldives trip when the budget allows me to book one of the top properties I mentioned above?

Thank you for any and all input in advance.