FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old May 26, 2022, 11:51 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by dw
Good point… but that really shouldn’t be what J passengers on a pseudo “premium transcon” route have to resort to, when the completion is offering so much better to/from JFK
Unless it's just a personal preference. I have no issues with either the chicken dish or the ravioli. But yes, what UA was offering was middle of the road for the route, but now fallen behind their competitions.

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Yeah, I flew DFW-EWR (3:50 block time) last week and it was just the Revive box. Kinda lousy. At least EWR-DFW had the heartbomb™ sandwiches.

Wondering if they have catering issues at non-hub locations like DFW. The worker shortage is most certainly acute.

(I also flew EWR-ATL-EWR 2 weeks ago -- that was one of those "hot meal exception" flights until the pandemic. Now it's the water baggie... talk about a fall from grace.)
DFW is not a catering station for UA, hence why you got the box.