FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old May 24, 2022, 7:41 pm
benewr

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by greenpau
Same here with me, no problems on recent items. However, they will refuse to clear WL PP+ for a companion if you are not traveling on the flight. They used to clear if they were #1, but they won't do this any more. One recently acerbic agent went on a scolding rant about how Global Services members are always trying to bend the rules. I laughed, and said from our side there is so little value left in the Global Services program, it's surprising there is anything left to bend.

The other example here sounds like a badly trained agent who is confused on the GS upgrade parameters, which happens often. It is funny to HUCA and call in and get a good agent, and to hear what the prior agent noted as Remarks in your record about the prior call. This is still why my list of "Good" and "Bad" agents is still really helpful ... you can quickly not waste your time if you hear a name match.

I’ve cleared non GS people traveling with my Plus Points that were #1 recently.

I hope it hasn’t changed. I’m flying Sunday with 4 family members. I already forced upgrade for 1 at booking and was hoping to get 1 confirmed Thursday as it is J3.

Let’s see what they say and consider that an other exception.