FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old May 24, 2022, 3:47 pm
iluv2fly
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Gate45
A new one, at least to me: 4 seats open in J within 72 hours of departure, I’m number one on the upgrade list so I call to get cleared (waitlisted from W with +P).
The agent gets it done but makes a point of checking my outbound which I had flown in paid J. And goes on to say that the only reason she can force clear the return is because I did not get upgraded on the outbound already. I did not challenge it because I was getting what I wanted anyway, and because I wasn’t sure if this is a known thing that I just had somehow missed, but if not and if the agent was correct, that would be another unfortunate extension of the “Special GS benefit on one segment only” rule.
On ORD-LHR on Thursday, using PP on a W fare. Return cleared about a month ago. Lots of open seats. Original outbound had only a few J seats left, so I switched flights to one that had 7 J seats. At 72 hours, I was number one. Asked to have it forced. No problem and it was done immediately, no hesitation whatsoever. So I'm hoping this is a one-off situation.