FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Superglue T5 Airside?
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2022, 4:40 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Firstly apologies I had meant to look in WH Smith today as I agree that was going to be the most likely place, but I forgot and also it seems someone had already done some investigation

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They do sell Parker Quink ink cartridges so there is hope for us all yet.
Sorry for going off topic, but I definitely stay away from parker inks and their ink cartridges. In fact I am not a fan at all of many of their modern fountain pens which I find completely hopeless - I do have an old Parker 51 though which I bought 12 years ago and was my first proper fountain pen. These days I have a few others, and I tend to lean very heavily towards Pilot, with the occasional Lamy 2000 and Faber-Castell Loom thrown in. I thoroughly recommend using converters rather than cartridges partly as it gives you access to a much bigger range of inks you can use, and there are some very good inks such as from diamine with their very large range of colours. I usually have 2/3 pens with me when travelling. Fountain pens are notorious in not enjoying pressure changes, but as long as you top them up before going they are usually ok due to minimising air in the converter. The only place ever to pull my bag was INV once as they weren't sure what the 3 pens in a pen case were from the image - they did think insulin needles - but they were happy to swab them and send me on my way.

Paper wise get some decent paper as well, and not the cheap stuff. I am currently using up a few pads of Smythson paper, and there is a Smythson shop just at the bottom of the escalators leading to the south lounges. The shop does sell paper. Tbh I prefer the Rhodia pads though as they are perfectly good and a bit more easy on the wallet.

I often wish there was a decent fountain pen shop in T5, it might actually be a shop I would go to!

[/off-topic]