FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling from AR - drive to nonstop from DFW or one stop thru ATL?
Old May 21, 2022, 3:46 pm
WillBarrett_68

Originally Posted by GoBob
My biases are for nonstops whenever possible and avoiding ATL, so I'm considering a 4-1/2 hr drive to DFW to take a nonstop home (I'll have a rental car, as I'm flying in elsewhere earlier in the week for another conference nearby). It's also about $150 cheaper than the one-stop from LIT via ATL. Downside: it's the last flight out of DFW on DL and I am wary of the late afternoon t-storms and delays /cancellations. It's also a 220, which is nice, but also barely booked so I'm doubly wary of a cancellation. I suppose I can also defect to AA for N/S to BOS out of DFW (also significant savings out of LIT via CLT) but I am trying to build back up with DL.
1) it seems really unhinged to drive 4.5 hours to avoid a stopover unless you have some sort of legit phobia
2) load factor isn't likely to be super relevant to cancellation. there are crew shortages, but that last flight of the night probably has to run because they're gonna need that plane in BOS in the morning.